NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS
1. PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
This privacy notice explains how we collect, use, and process your personal information when you register a gamingnw.com account on our website. We will protect and responsibly process any personal information we collect from you.
Please read this privacy notice and any other privacy notices we may provide when collecting or processing personal information about you so you understand how and why we use your information. This privacy notice supplements other notices and policies, not replace them.
Customers of the gamingnw.com Group of Companies are subject to this notice. The companies are listed below. We may need to update this privacy notice from time to time, so please check back frequently to ensure you are aware of any changes.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information is any information that can identify a natural or legal person. It excludes data where the identity has been removed (anonymous information). We collect personal information to process your order and communicate with you.
4. WE COLLECT THE FOLLOWING DATA
• contact info (e.g. title, name, address, email address, mobile number)
• id card
• address proof
• income source
• banking info
• photos and other visuals
• occupation and IP
This information is generated in the form of:
• bet records
• payment and withdrawal records
We do not collect any sensitive personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric information).
5. WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION WHEN AND WHY
We collect and use your personal information to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, as well as to:
• allow you to create an account.
• process your bet when you make a betting offer
• confirm the result of your bet.
• process a payment or a withdrawal request from your account
• respond to support requests
• respond to your inquiry, complaint, or request
• administer promotional competitions and deliver prizes if you win
In some cases, we process your personal data to protect our or your legitimate interests. As in:
• To ensure your and our safety, we may use CCTV cameras.
We are required by law to collect and process information such as:
• to identify and validate our customers, and to prevent financial crimes such as sanctions screening, money laundering, and terrorist financing.
• to report suspicious activity to the appropriate authorities
• to inform other government agencies, such as the SA Revenue Service
When you create an account with gamingnw.com, you can opt out of receiving promotional material. Your chosen communication channels may be used to send you information about our services, products and promotions. Please contact us if you wish to unsubscribe at any time.
6. CHILDREN’S DATA
- You must be 18 or older to use our services.
- When you register for an account, we ask that you confirm your age.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18.
7.WE ONLY SHARE YOUR INFO WITH TRUSTED PARTIES
Your personal information is only shared with service providers we trust and who agree to keep it secure and confidential.
We use service providers to help with:
• contact you
• confirm your id
• your address
• evaluate our services’ efficacy
• save data
• manage our business, such as accountants and lawyers
Services and Infrastructure for IT
Some of our service providers may be located abroad. These countries may not have the same levels of personal data protection as South Africa, in which case the foreign service providers must protect our customers’ personal data to the same level.
Our contracts with our foreign service providers include appropriate safeguards. By using our website, you agree not to be notified of the level of protection afforded to your data in the relevant country/countries.
This information may be shared with regulatory and law enforcement agencies.
8. PROMOTIONAL COMPETITIONS AND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be collected and processed if you enter one of our promotional competitions. This will include us and our partners communicating about the competition.
The Consumer Protection Act requires us to announce winners of promotional competitions on our social media platforms, namely Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Name and surname are usually used. We may publish winners’ photographs with their explicit and informed consent.
9. SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from:
- Illegal entry;
- other abuse
Physical access restrictions and electronic password protection are examples of these steps. We will constantly review our security controls and processes to identify and address security risks.
If something goes wrong, we will take the necessary steps to protect your privacy and notify you if your personal data has been compromised. We’ll also tell you how you can help mitigate the damage.
10. NO LONGER THAN NECESSARY WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unless required by law, we will not keep your personal information longer than necessary. When determining how long to retain information, we consider legal, contractual, and customer expectations. When we no longer need your personal information, we securely delete or destroy it in accordance with the POPIA.
DUTIES RELATIVE TO MODIFICATIONS TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE
We regularly update our privacy notice, so please check it to ensure you are aware of how we handle and protect your personal data.
Keeping your personal information accurate and up to date is vital. Please notify us if your personal information changes.
11. NOT PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you if you fail to provide personal information when requested (for example, to allow you to place a bet). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will inform you.
12. PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCESS AND CHANGE
• be informed that personal data is being collected;
• be notified of security breaches where we have reason to believe that unauthorised persons have accessed or acquired your personal information;
• ask us what personal information we have about you and request access to it; ask who our service providers or other third parties are.
• unsubscribe from direct marketing communications and object to data processing;
• ask us to delete or remove your personal information if we no longer need it for legal or legitimate reasons;
• ask for data processing limitations;
• revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time;
• file a complaint with the You have the right to file a complaint with the Information Regulator if you feel your privacy has been violated. However, until POPIA takes effect, the Information Regulator cannot enforce your rights under POPIA.